Strained my lower back doing power cleans yesterday at the gym...damn...so no yoga today. Back hurts so bad I can't even bend through the waist so I end up squatting just to pick something up from the floor. Still, was a very good boy and went running in UP at 7 AM today (!) despite the pain. Did pretty well. Ran for 20 mins straight with no break (1.5 laps), then ran another 15 mins and then another 10 (couldn't resist the kwek kwek na! heheh). Ended up doing almost 3 laps. Yey! Although I found out from ever reliable Francine that the oval is 2.2km and not 3.2kms. Damn. So I only did 6km+ in 50 mins! That sucks!
After which, I went to Fitness Ortigas to take a shower and killed time in Starbucks til I met my folks for lunch in Shang. Starbucks was wonderfully quiet and deserted, except for 1 group that seemed to be doing some kind of sharing. While reading my pseudo intellectual infinitely boring book, I sorta overheard their discussion which seemed very fascinating. What I could surmise was that they set specific life goals and would meet regularly to update and assess where they are in terms of achieving them. You start off talking about what you've accomplished this week and then the group would give their support by clarifying, affirming, or even questioning your actions. I loved the fact that they had everything written down/documented which made it all seem very clear and accountable. The facilitator seemed to really know what she was doing, asking really tough but helpful questions to help you process your thoughts.
I want to start something like this with my friends...or at the very least, join a support group like this. JC mentioned to us that he recently reviewed his 10 year plan which he made 10 years ago, and he realized he hasn't fulfilled any of his goals, except for getting married!
Will really start working on my 10 year plan seriously now. But I first need to figure out what my mission/vision is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How can you be up so early on a Sunday?!?!?!
I know...! Part of my carpe diem mode right now hehehe...plus too hot to run any later. Shit before you know it, I'll be one of those old geezers running at 5 AM in Luneta.
Post a Comment