Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mother Mother

My mom pisses me off. I rarely have interactions with her where I don't end up sulking or being an asshole. I think it's because:

1. She treats me like a child--just now I told her I was flying off to KL next week. she told me to make sure I ate fruits and veggies and limit my meat intake. She texts every night at around 10PM to ask where I am. 30 years old and I still can't take care of myself on anything--that's the message I take out all the time. I know this is common for a lot of people and I will just have to accept, if not embrace it. Also, should learn not to hinge my self-esteem on how others perceive me.

2. Forces me to commit on plans--now this is really petty and selfish but still...I hate how she always asks me what my plans are the next day. To be honest, I like to have some flexibility especially on weekends to do what I feel. This isn't possible when you're suddenly committed to drive her somewhere at 2 PM, or to have dinner in the other side of the city.

3. Can ask really silly questions--grrr can get so kulit at times. frustrating also how she can't get the hang of any gadget, including her phone.

4. Can say anything straight to my face--always has a complicated roundabout, parinig way of saying what she really thinks. This so goes against my own "let's get to the point" mentality.

Now I feel guilty for thinking of my mom this way...

No comments: