Didn't go to work today. Wasn't feeling too energetic and anyway, not much urgent stuff for me to do. A good way to recharge and recollect self before the start of holiday stress. Strange, but even the weekend cocooning didn't help much to invigorate me. Still feel very fatigued and listless.
It probably didn't help that my subordinate told me I was the reason she's resigning! It sucks to be accused of being an immature and disrespectful boss as it speaks more about you as a person than as a manager. While there was definitely a grain of truth to all the things she was saying, I thought a lot of it was unfair and reflective more of her own issues than mine. In any case, I really tried to be mature during that whole painful conversation and just focused on what both of us can learn from the experience. But deep inside, I really just wanted to shake her and tell her that she wouldn't have faced my wrath so many times if she just did her job better!
Also got majorly pissed by the fact that she didn't say anything to anyone until 1 day before she left. That's when she told not my boss, but the Marketing and HR directors! I didn't think it was very fair of her to do that especially to my boss, who is now probably seen negatively as not having managed the situation earlier. Bea gave a great analysis, saying because of her non-confrontational nature, she's crafted this situation as a means to express how she really feels without needing to say so. Well get with the program, girl!
Anyway, God has a wicked sense of humor, as I was coincidentally having dinner in the same resto as her farewell party with her office friends. That was majorly uncomfortable, so I just drank my beer and ignored her the best I could!
Just feel better that I'm not the only one who's experienced this "sabotage" drama with her. Plus I don't have to go to her despedida this afternoon and be all plastic, which I so can't stand to do.
Focusing on the positive, learn to be a better boss. Empower and inspire. Don't let sucky work piss me off too much. Don't be bitchy. Try not to gossip too much, talk gets around pretty quickly. Focus on people's good traits.
In the meantime--F U!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
does that person know one of your closest buddies aka your protective first ever officemate is in the place she intends to work in?
not yet. hay naku...i need you to fight for me. wag kayo maging bff ha!!!
we should meet up before the christmas breaks. lots of things to catch up on.
I think you are an HR nightmare
Post a Comment