Saturday, October 06, 2007

Turning 28

2 birthdays ago, I made a list of things to do before I turned 28. Let's see how many 've actually accomplished...

THINGS TO DO BEFORE I TURN 28

1. Travel More (2 of below):
a. Australia/New Zealand
b. Western Europe
c. East Coast
d. Palawan

Oh shit. Haven't been to any of the above. Was able to go to Bangkok, HK, Singapore and KL though (for work). Will have to get out of ASEAN soon!

2. Learn New Hobbies/Skills:
a. Play better badminton
b. Study Photography
c. Study iMovie and Flash
d. Yoga
e. Wall Climb
f. Swim

D. check F. semi-check. Also became a runner.

3. Be Healthier
a. Eat Better (see Credo)
b. Sleep by 11 on weekdays (stop watching Blind Date!)
c. Gym 3x a week

A and C check!

4. Do More Nature Things
a. Beach every quarter
b. Hike somewhere
c. Dive more!

Ack!!! Haven't been out of the Metro!

5. Be More Spiritual
a. Church every Sunday
b. More active in LD
c. Read spiritual books
d. Pray everyday
e. Read the bible/gospel

My bad :( Really haven't focused on my spiritual life the same way as before. Maybe I'll start with some light spiritual reading...

6. Earn More, Save More
a. Sideline job
b. Save for big spendings
c. Put in bank/investment at least 50% of income
d. Spend more wisely on food, spa, Mac stuff

Clearly not very good at this as I'm living from paycheck to paycheck coz of condo payments. LIfestyle hasn't receded either.

7. More independent
a. Live in own place!!
b. Fix bedroom/bathroom once and for all

I'm buying a condo. That's a start!

8. Better family relations
a. Sunday is family day

Guess who spent Sunday alone?

9. Social Works
a. Volunteer

Does 1 tree planting and GK activity count? :(

10. Finalize Career
a. Teach na!
b. Do “sideline”

Hmmm...not sure if going back to corporate qualifies as finalizing career...I'll say YES.

11. Social Life
a. Go out with St Jude friends
b. Go out with Ateneo friends
c. Go on more dates!

I'm trying!!!

Net, have to improve on 1) Spiritual; 2) Family; 3) Social Works; 4) Nature; 5) Finances. These will be my priorities now that I'm...gulp...30!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we must volunteer at paws!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!