Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weeks In Review

So what's been happening the last few weeks?

1. Now running up to 8k. Unfortunately, was not able to record this in my Nike+ as I got ran over by a stupid cyclist at km 3. Accidentally ended my workout. Was swearing for the next km or so...but it did make go faster! Anyway, targeting to hit 10k in my next major run!

2. Work stress continues, but from unexpected sources. Having a lot of people problems with Criselle leaving by end Nov and some risks of my mgt trainee not passing his revalida. I wish it were just a matter of competency, which is quite manageable. But it seems to be more a behavioral limitation, specifically re: confidence and leadership. I don't know if my hard management style is working...maybe I should try to be more nurturing...?

3. My agency is killing me on this one project I'm handling. I really, really am trying to be patient but I really don't understand why they keep coming back to me with unrevised stuff. I hate having to keep repeating my comments over and over. It's such a waste of time! Next time, will ask them to repeat the comments first so I know if they really get it or they're just nodding their heads!

4. Diet isn't going too well. Have been very bad in the last week or so, since I found out my cholesterol count shot up to 255 and I may need to start taking lipitor! Screw this healthy diet!!! But will still try to eat less carbs and fat for vanity! I sorta feel like my belly is slighly smaller but the damn lovehandles are still there! Aarrrgggh.....I miss my cold beer!

5. I've decided that my focus for my 30th year will be Social and Spiritual development (Year 29 was about Health). Both are grossly lacking in my life right now, considering I've pretty much been by myself this whole weekend. Bad Albert!!! Went to mass though...but really need to reconnect with a spiritual group or go on a retreat very soon....It just feels like my life is too superficial right now and I need to get back to what really matters...

No comments: