Lousy blogger...Will just summarize the last 2 weeks:
Went to Palawan for Strat Planning and Team Building. Strat Planning was very painful, ending at 1 AM. What made it even worse was being so close to the beautiful beach but being locked up in a fluorescent lit, windowless room for 3 days straight! Main learning here as well is to not show my frustration with boss too much as it is perceived by the bosses as immaturity and therefore, I will never be promoted to god level. Also to identify my anger/frustration trigger points so that I'm conscious of the need to control my emotions during these times.
Teambuilding was fun too. I felt quite sad though that I'm no longer one of the more popular folks in the team. It seems that the new folks are turning out to be the life of the party while I'm seen as the sungit, bitchy, whiny, negative guy. Can't say I'm not jealous of them, especially with my need to always be at the center of attention. Several learnings here: Need to be a nicer person, as this seems to be what people value more than competency or smarts. Move away from need to be noticed and affirmed by others, just relax and enjoy the company, regardless of whether I'm the star or not.
I'm so not feeling the Christmas spirit yet, as I have still to relax and even get my gift shopping done. Work is running at it's usual pace with no signs of slowing down this week or next. Haven't gone to any Christmas mass either.
Anyway had dinner with Lynette, TJ and Alex yesterday and the main topic was life planning, specifically reviewing 07 and planning for 08. Some realizations this year:
1. Having a basic plan at the start of the year really works. I was able to achieve a lot of things I was setting my mind to--focusing on fitness, running 10k, going to Cambodia, focusing on career, buying a condo, etc.
2. Biggest failure is in relationships--either strengthening important ones, building new ones, or not breaking off old ones. This will be the No. 1 priority in 2008, which really goes back to being a nicer, more selfless, more genuinely caring person.
3. Spiritual life was a real failure as well. Will be another key priority in 2008.
Will work on life plans over the holidays next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment