Saturday, December 29, 2007

Busy Post-Christmas

Wednesday--had to work this week but tried not to stress out too much. Had a family dinner in Gloriamaris GH for my grandma's birthday. Was over an hour late since I picked up my personal Christmas gift--a slightly used Shure e3c earphone set. Retails for P10k, got it for P4k :)



Anyway, dinner was ok. Got to chat a bit with my siblings and bros in law especially about the "spirits" that we sense in our house. Grandma looked really weak but at least, healthy enough to go out and celebrate another year! I pray for her continued long life and health.

Thursday--got invited by Tim for a poker game at 9PM. Was able to sneak in a quick gym routine but had half a mind to not go anymore and just snuggle up at home with a good book. But was very mindful of my 08 WIGs so ended up forcing myself to go. The whole J&J gang was there which was great. I ended up at 4th place out of 10 which was not bad, except I still ended up losing money. Made a lot of obvious, embarrassing mistakes which I seem to keep doing all of the time :( Really have to play better in the future. Got to down a lot of Johnny Walker though :)

Friday--had work lunch at Florabel in Podium which was great since it was a freebie. Enjoyed the roasted pear and gorgonzola salad a lot. Split a P1600 (!) wagyu burger with Karen. Was definitely tender, melts in your mouth and "malinamnam", but was so chockfull of fat that we both got a bit dizzy and needed coffee right after. Well it's supposed to be mostly monosaturated fats and omega 3s which I hope is true! Went to Roel's annual party that evening and enjoyed myself even if I was a bit uncomfortable with some of the people. That's so my weird quirk that I feel everyone is judging me when in fact, they probably didn't really care less. I really just need to chill and enjoy the moment more. Anyway, stayed a bit late (1AM) just chatting mainly about work (oh God I really need a life).

As such, ended up vegging all day today--sleeping and watching TV shows. Did get to go to the gym tonight. Would love to go to a bar or dance club but no one's invited me :(

PS. Still reminiscing about Mamou's wonderful USDA Prime rib-eye steak 1 week after:



Will be having New Year's Eve dinner with siblings (as my folks are in China and I didn't want to go with them hehe) in Gaudi. Yey! More steak!

No comments: