In my performance evaluation with boss a few weeks back, I had a major light bulb moment. It seems that I can handle people very well when I see them as good workers but not as well when they don't live up to my high standards. Thus, how easy it is for me to manage certain subordinates but how others, including my agency and trade marketing people, can't stand me. I easily get impatient, frustrated, and start power tripping and instilling my "scare tactics."
Definitely stems from spoiled brattiness, always needing to get what I want when I want. And when I don't, well hell hath no fury like a manager pissed.
As boss says, it's 70% patience, patience, patience. And probably a change in priority from the quality of work to the person's development. That's really tough for me as good work is my non-negotiable...
Well it all starts with being mindful and conscious of it. Let's see how well I can control myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
could it be a libra thing?
are you the same?
Post a Comment