Was able to squeeze in a nice run today despite having to do some work stuff in the AM. Went to UP (without poor Sofy!) so that I could once and for all start what I promised to do. Weather was nice, cool, and fresh given the rains earlier in the day. There were quite a few people there as well trying to make the most of the holiday.
I've never been much of a cardio guy...I can only last 3 mins in a treadmill even with sounds and a TV. But there's something different about running in the REAL world...with real views, real obstacles and real weather.
What did it for me more than anything though, is the Podrunner podcast I downloaded. It's freakin' fantastic! Basically, it plays an hour long mix of house and techno music set at different beats per second (bps). You base your run pace with the beat which makes it a very helpful guide in terms of maintaining a certain pace or even speeding up and down, depending on your workout. The music also helps push yourself further especially with the thought that you shouldn't stop until the music ends.
I was able to do 2 loops around the UP sunken garden area which is roughly 6++km in around 30 mins. Not bad for a first timer with no cardio back-up.
However, my legs and feet are now sore as hell. My expensive Nike running shoes suck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that's good you're doing exercises. i know i should. ako rin, i noticed most of my blog entries are about work. it's really baaaaddd....
i liked your old template better though. easier to read. see you soon i hope. we should hook up. not sure about the Palawan trip with Kang. I need to check my sked. will email you na lang.
I want to try out that podrunner thing. I am such a pathetic jogger, no stamina whatsoever. I've been playing ultimate for 2 years na and I still don't see an improvement in my game. Parati pa rin akong naiiwanan ng kalaban ko, is it because I am getting old?
We should arrange a playdate between my dogs and your dog. Tiendesitas! =)
Game! Sofy is sleeping all day lang!
Post a Comment